Tuesday, September 22, 2009

my hatred for officials

Every sporting event I am involved in, whether it be playing in or as a fan, always ends up with me wanting to do bodily harm to an official. In basketball I was known to get a technical foul or two. My baseball days saw repeated conflicts with umpires. I couldn't judge the officials that well playing football b/c I was always running routes, or pretending to.

When I watch professional sports I like to think the officials are far more advanced in knowledge and judgement than I am, but more and more I find myself wondering "what the hell was that call?"

Such an instance occurred Sunday night in the Giants/Cowboys game involving "my mans and 'em" Kenny Phillips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoSf1-9TmgU&feature=related


As you can see in this video the referee is in perfect position to make the CORRECT call! My question is - what are you looking at? This guy is the reason I have problems with officiating.

I'm sure you saying to yourself, "that's why there is instant replay." Replay could not reverse the fact that the official blew the play dead negating the touchdown.

I had a fantasy victory hinging on that touchdown and you screwed me, Mr. Official!

No comments:

Post a Comment